My Fireplace Makeover

I’m excited to share my “new” to me fireplace with you.  After contemplating painting it for a long time I finally found the courage to get’r done.  I spent about a day and a half on the project and I’m pleased with the results.

painted-fireplace-4

After all the prep work I applied one coat of Sherwin Williams Concrete Stain (water based, built- in primer).  We had it color-matched to the built-in and were hoping it would blend in nicely with the cabinetry, not so.  It was turning out too yellow.

painted-fireplace-1

The next day I decided to go back to SW and picked up some color samples, trying once again to match the cabinets.  And yes, that worked.  I ended up using SW Interior Latex – Zurich White, much easier to apply at that point since the bricks were primed.

painted-fireplace

Here is a picture of the “before”…

fireplace

and after….

painted-fireplace-4

I like the way it turned out and how it lightens up the room.  Even the mirror shows up better….nice!  Definitely well worth the time and effort. I still have some tweaking and other projects waiting, so, I will chat with you later….

Thank you for visiting and reading…..have a lovely weekend!